In accordance with the Government of India, it’s obligatory to link your Aadhaar with some of the documents and financial services, thereby making the Aadhaar card probably the most necessary proofs of identification in the country. In case you haven’t but utilized an Aadhaar card, you could do so quickly and get your mobile number registered on the Aadhaar card throughout the enrolment process.
On linking the Aadhaar with the financial services, the government can begin transferring different subsidies beneath schemes like Pahal, DBT, etc. into the bank account of the beneficiary directly. A confirmation message is sent to the registered mobile number for the same. You’ll not obtain any such messages and won’t be able to monitor any benefits that you are eligible to obtain, in case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar.
The government has made it obligatory to hyperlink Aadhaar with a number of documents. With the intention to access Aadhaar online companies, it is advisable to have your mobile number registered with the Distinctive Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). When you have not registered your mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you’re required to go to a Permanent Enrolment Centre to get it registered. Mobile numbers can’t be registered online on the Aadhaar card. An aadhaar card is mandatory for varied functions like submitting the earnings tax return, getting a PAN card. It is also obligatory to avail benefits of assorted government schemes.
There was an internet facility to register your mobile number in Aadhaar through SSUP. Later, this facility was discontinued and now, the applicant has to go to the Aadhaar Enrolment or the Replace center so as to add or replace his/her mobile quantity in Aadhaar. Your complete process takes nearly 90 days for an update.
Listed under are the steps to add your mobile number in Aadhaar:
- Go to your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment or Update Centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Fill in the present mobile number that you wish to replace in your Aadhaar
- Submit the form and assist them along with your biometrics for authentication
- The executive will then hand over the acknowledgment slip to you
- This slip mentions an Update Request Number (URN)
- The Update Request number can be used to trace the standing of your Aadhaar update
- When you replace your mobile number in Aadhaar, you do not want to get one other Aadhaar card
- You’ll begin receiving Aadhaar OTPs for availing plenty of facilities as soon as your mobile number is registered along with your Aadhaar
- To verify the Aadhaar update status, you too can name UIDAI’s toll-free number 1947.